For your convenience, we have an onsite digital X-ray system for same-day diagnosis of possible fractures and other bone issues as well as a full line of products available to help you and the doctor achieve your goals.
When Dr. Castle, or his associate, Dr. Sautter, have determined that your condition can best be improved or treated through surgery, they provide advanced procedures that have earned the respect of physicians and patients throughout Southern Oregon.
High quality treatments for common foot conditions
- Casting for fractures, clubfoot and post surgical care: When possible, we use medical fracture boots (air boots) rather than plaster casts to provide the necessary stabilization and compression to heal fractured feet and ankles. Depending on your condition, you may be able to walk during the healing process.
- Contact casting for diabetic feet: A “total contact cast” can work to protect and control the movement of a diabetic foot in the early stages of “Charcot foot” and heal diabetic foot ulcers. Using a combination of casting, conservative techniques and corrective surgery, we can often maintain the bone structure of diabetic feet and avoid amputation.
- Orthotics for foot disorders: We are experts at creating orthotics that are molded to your foot and customized for your specific condition. A well designed orthotic can give you the support you need to alleviate pain and improve your posture, gait and balance. We often recommend orthotics for pronation, flat feet, arthritis, calluses, foot ulcers, plantar fasciitis and tendonitis.
- Customized shoe inserts: In order to save you money, we may be able to customize pre-made shoe inserts so you don’t need to invest in more expensive orthotics.
- Injections for pain management and resolution of symptoms: When pain is caused by inflammation from arthritis, neuroma and plantar fasciitis, we may be able to alleviate it with careful use of corticosteroid.
- Medications for foot disease: Many foot problems are caused by medical conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, obesity, pregnancy and side effects from medication use. We prescribe appropriate over-the-counter and prescription medications to treat medical issues such as inflammation, gout, ulcers, fungus, warts and wounds.
- Splints for hammertoe and plantar fasciitis: Wearing a splint while you sleep can cure certain foot conditions without further intervention.
- The right footwear: Ill-fitting shoes can cause a range of problems and aggravate existing ones, including corns, calluses, blisters, ulceration, ingrown toenails, bunions, hammertoes and wounds. We stay up to date with the latest shoe gear and recommend the right type of shoes for your specific condition, including diabetic foot.
- Physical therapy: Certain types of forefoot, heel and ankle pain can be alleviated with stretching, exercise and massage. We may recommend physical therapy before prescribing medicine or surgery.
- Multidisciplinary approach: We work closely with your primary care provider and other specialists to develop the most comprehensive treatment plan to speed recovery.